Join Our Team
We often seek good people to join our staff in customer service, management, maintenance, construction, and therapy. Listed below are the positions currently available.
Multiple FOH Positions: Host, Server
Izanami Dining at Ten Thousand Waves is seeking talented and motivated employees to join our dynamic service team. We believe that "Omotenashi" is paramount to our guests' experience. If you are one to take pleasure in giving detailed customer service, please consider this unique opportunity with authentic Japanese food and culture. Applicants must be available to work fixed and flexible hours in AM & PM, as needed. Other job requirements include a positive and energetic personality and great people skills with our guests and staff. The successful candidate is a team-player and a team-builder. A professional appearance is valued, as well as, the willingness to attain knowledge and appreciation for our izakaya and sake menus. Please email the attached application to Michelle, Director of Human Resources at: Michelle@TenThousandWaves.com
Salary: Hourly, plus tips
Benefits: A beautiful work environment with restaurant and spa discounts along with health, dental, vision, and FSA benefits TBD.
Guest Services Representative
Ten Thousand Waves seeks an individual who can thrive in a fast-paced Guest Services position! The ideal candidate
embodies the utmost level of customer service, responds without hesitation to guest needs, maintains a calm demeanor
at all times, and consistently upholds the highest standards of professionalism.
Please apply if you are:
Familiar with us through your own experience as a guest
From a strong customer service background with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
Available to work a balanced blend of nights, weekends, and weekdays
Self-motivated at the highest level
An exceptional communicator who thrives in a close-knit, team environment
Passionate about new opportunities
Dedicated to providing a unique customer service experience
Fully available for a paid 6-week training period at approximately 30 hours per week
Available schedule for Part-Time employment after the 6-week training period with room to grow!
We proudly pay above the living wage!
40% off spa services and 20% discount at izanami dining
Complimentary communal and private soaking
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance eligibility after sixty days, based upon hours worked per week
Beautiful work environment with a strong and committed team
Opportunities for growth
If you are interested in growing your career with us:
Download an employment application from tenthousandwaves.com/about/join-our-team
Come to the spa and personally submit your application to the Front Desk Supervisor
Please note: Applications that are submitted electronically or by phone will not be considered.
Varied schedules available
Guest Services employees begin at a $14/hour training wage.
Ten Thousand Waves provides the ultimate spa experience through Japanese-inspired customer service--our
omotenashi. With our careful attention to detail and dynamic personal interactions, we create a destination resort
experience unlike any other. We pride ourselves on our great massage, our authenticity, and our dedication to constant,
Ten Thousand Waves began in 1981. Currently, we have a thriving community of 148 employees, 130 massage therapists, and 15 estheticians. We also have twenty massage rooms, fourteen lodging accommodations, and a full-service restaurant.
In 2015, we were voted one of the top three Best Destination Spas in the World by Condé Nast. We are open 365 days, 7 days a week, including holidays.
Lodging Office Admin & Reservationist
We are currently seeking a part-time Lodging Office Representative/Reservationist with 3 permanent shifts currently available on Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays. The flexibility to pick up extra sub-shifts is a must. Paid training can start immediately!
This is a position in which an eye for detail, a genuine love of working with people, a positive outlook, an excellent knowledge of computers, a commitment to being in Santa Fe, and a sense of humor are all necessities! Background checks will be required before hiring.
Houses of the Moon lodging at Ten Thousand Waves was selected as a Fodor’s Finest Hotel Award Winner. Come and work with the Best!
- Strong customer service background
- Familiar with TTW through personal guest experience
- Varied computer experience and ability to learn
- Proficient with PMS Reservation Software
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Giving our Lodging guests the best experience possible
- Taking reservations on a fully computerized system
- Excited about selling TTW services and our uniqueness
- Team player with 19 HOM co-workers +150 resort-wide
- Excellent phone manners and positive guest(s) interaction
- Outgoing, professional, and enthusiastic communicator
- Highly organized, with good time-management skills
- Work in the prettiest office in Santa Fe!
- 40% off spa services & 20% off retail and restaurant
- Complimentary communal and private soaking
- Opportunities for growth with an exciting company
- Beautiful, happy, and healing work environment
To apply: Download and complete the employment application below and bring it, along with your resume, to Elizabeth at the TTW Lodging office, M-F between 11am-6pm
Salary: Lodging Employees begin at a $15 per hr training wage or TBD with work experience
Benefits: Spa, Restaurant, and Lodging Benefits along with Dental, Vision, and Health Insurance TBD with eligibility
izanami dining front of house manager
izanami dining at Ten Thousand Waves Spa is actively seeking a capable house manager with a minimum of 3-5 years of professional restaurant experience. The ideal candidate for this position maintains a broad skill-set for front of the house responsibilities and is naturally a service oriented person.
Please apply if you are…
A kind and gracious leader for a team-spirited staff
An exceptional communicator who can accommodate our diverse clientele
Able to multitask and meet deadlines in a respectful manner
Available to work part-time on weekdays and/or weekends
***Daytime Shifts are 10:30AM to close of shift & Evening Shifts are 3:30PM to close of restaurant
Some of the many benefits...
- 50% discount at izanami for you and 3 guests
- Complimenatry communal/private soaking
- Spa, Gift Shop, and Lodging Discounts
- Group Dental, Vision, FSA Benefits after meeting eligibility in sixty days
- Opportunity for growth (especially with administrative strengths and availability)
If you are interested in mindfully growing with us…
Download an izanami employment application below and email it to the Human Resources Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ten Thousand Waves began in 1981. Currently, we have a thriving community of 158 employees, 130 massage therapists, and 15 estheticians. We also have nineteen massage rooms, fifteen lodging accommodations, and a full-service restaurant. We pride ourselves on our great massage, our authenticity, and our dedication to constant, mindful improvement.
In 2015, we were voted one of the top three Best Destination Spas in the World by Condé Nast. We are open 365 days, 7 days a week.
Salary: TBD hourly, plus bonuses
Benefits: TBD based on eligibility
Safety and Security Concierge
Ten Thousand Waves seeks an individual who can thrive in an independant Safety and Security position. The ideal candidate provides a high level of customer service while maintaining property-wide awareness and has an impeccable driving record and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Shuttling guests in company vehicle while maintaining the saftey and integrity of both
- Patrolling the property
- Enforcing parking expectations for both guests and staff
- Accuretly documenting accidents
- Anticipating guest needs and preemptively offering assistance
- Securing the spa and shuttle vehicle at closing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Dependendable and reliable; punctuality is a top priority and is non-negotiable
- Background and credit check
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Previous hospitality experience
- 18 hours +/- initially with opportunity for growth; candidate may occasionally be asked to cover for co-workers when available, if a co-worker becomes ill, or needs one of their shifts covered. Employees are required to find coverage for their own scheduled shifts.
Why join Ten Thousand Waves?
- Complimentary spa access to communal tubs for you and up to three guests
- Complimentary private baths if booked within an hour
- 40% off of regular spa services
- 20% off retail and izanami dining
If you are interested in growing your career with us…
Download an employment application below. Come to the spa and personally submit your application to the Front Desk Spa Supervisor.
Please note: Applications that are submitted electronically or by phone will not be considered.
Massage Therapists and Estheticians
Ten Thousand Waves is currently hiring massage therapists and estheticians. Below is information about our hiring process. Applicants must be available to work a minimum of 3 nights per week. If you are considering working in a spa, you will not find a more beautiful natural environment than Ten Thousand Waves. Natural lighting, gorgeous views and mountain air abound! Our staff receives generous discounts to enjoy all that Ten Thousand Waves has to offer. As one of the top-ranked spas in the country, our business is consistent and profitable. We have a wonderful clientele and a community of very talented massage therapists and superb guest services employees. Please inquire for details about our hiring process.
Massage Therapist and Esthetician Requirements
Applicants should be aware of the following commitments and requirements to be a contractor at Ten Thousand Waves
Therapists and Estheticians must provide with application:
- Current New Mexico Massage or Esthetician License
Before first day of work, therapists and estheticians agree to obtain:
- Liability Insurance
- Worker's Compensation Insurance
- CRS number from the State of NM
Massage Therapists will be required to take the following classes from TTW
- Professional Ethics
- Spa Training
Therapists and Estheticians must complete a minimum of 16 CEUs each year
- Available a minimum of 3 evenings per week
- Available during our high season (July-Oct)
- Available holidays and weekends
- Personal responsibility for scheduling and shift coverage
Benefits: Beautiful environment, treatment and bath discounts, wonderful staff.