We take extraordinary measures to limit the spread of COVID, including requiring those receiving massages, spa services, and skincare to be fully vaccinated. Please see our current offerings for details of our policies. Keep up with the fast-moving changes--sign up for our newsletter .
Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest. Ten Thousand Waves is always looking for good people to join our staff in customer service, management, maintenance, construction, and therapy.
Our Japanese-inspired resort is just ten minutes from downtown Santa Fe, adjacent to the Santa Fe National Forest. Inspired by the great Japanese mountain hot springs resorts, Ten Thousand Waves has taken this model and transplanted it to New Mexico, where nature looks very different but is no less beautiful.
Since our founding in 1981, we’ve always emphasized values above profits and we’re proud to offer our people a great place to work.
- We are committed to equity and equality in our workforce.
- Our pay and benefits show how much we value our employees.
- no one starts at less than $15 per hour
- everyone – kitchen workers and servers included – accumulates paid time off
- work schedules are consistent and predictable
- subsidized comprehensive health insurance is available to all employees who work 30+ hours/week
- dental and vision plans are available
- staff receives discounted and free hot tubs, massage, and meals
- we prefer to promote from within, so opportunities for growth abound.
- we have extraordinary measures in place to keep our employees and guests safe.
- We make our guests happy. That in turn makes us happy.
- A large portion of our staff has been with the Waves family for years. There's a reason for that.
Intrigued? Check out some of our current employment opportunities below – and if you don’t see something that fits but are inspired to join our team, feel free to contact us.
Maintenance Team Member
Ten Thousand Waves Spa Resort is searching for a dedicated, full-time staff member to join our Maintenance Department. This position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all private and communal tubs and addressing related necessary maintenance and other projects.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous experience with pools and hot tubs preferred
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Timely and efficient follow-through
- Ability to work effectively both on a team and independently
- Confident problem-solving skills
- English-language fluency, with great incentives for bilingual English-Spanish speakers!
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- CPO certification
- Current driver's license
- Candidates for this position must have proof of their Covid-19 vaccination upon hiring.
- Familiarity and experience with a wide range of power tools
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Applicants must be available to work flexible hours including early mornings, weekends, and holidays in an all-season outdoor environment. Applicants must be able to frequently walk up and down stairs and over uneven terrain, and be able to lift 75 lbs.
Why join Ten Thousand Waves?
- Complimentary spa tub access
- 40% off of regular spa services
- 50% off dining at izanami
- 20% off floating world retail
- Health, Dental, Vision, and other benefits based upon eligibility
- Paid Time Off upon eligibility
The successful candidate will arrive on-time to work, follow instructions well, have a pleasant attitude, keep supervisors informed of the status of work, be team-oriented, dependable, trustworthy, possess good communication skills, set high standards, and exhibit a willingness to work hard to achieve positive results.
How to Apply:
Download and application below, sending your completed application via email to Michelle@tenthousandwaves or bring your application physically to Raul Garcia, Director of Maintenance at Ten Thousand Waves Spa Resort.
Salary: TBD based upon experience
Benefits: Spa and Restaurant discounts in a beautiful work environment with Health, Dental, Vision Insurance Benefits upon meeting eligibility
izanami dining - FOH busser position
izanami dining at Ten Thousand Waves Japanese Spa Resort is seeking talented and motivated employees to join our dynamic service team. We believe that "Omotenashi" is paramount to our guests' experience. If you are one to take pleasure in giving detailed customer service, please consider this unique opportunity with authentic Japanese food and culture. Applicants for a BUSSER position must have proof of their Covid-19 vaccination and be available to work fixed and flexible hours on weekdays and weekends in AM & PM and maintain a commitment to work at least 3 scheduled shifts each week. Candidates with restaurant expereince are preferred but having positive people skills and being a team-player and a team-builder are honored. A professional appearance and the passion to attain knowledge about our izakaya and sake menus is appreciated. Please email the attached application to Michelle, Director of Human Resources at: Michelle@TenThousandWaves.com Arigato!
Salary: Hourly, plus tips
Benefits: A beautiful work environment with restaurant and spa discounts along with health, dental, vision, and FSA benefits TBD.
Guest Services Team Member
Have you ever wanted to work with a team who never shies away from a challenge? Does helping others create a relaxing and personalized spa experience spark joy? Do you pride yourself on doing the best in every situation? Would you enjoy working in a beautiful environment with generous benefits throughout the company (really, who wouldn’t?)
If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll apply to work with us.
Our diverse team is made up of individuals who hold themselves and each other to the highest standard to craft a guest experience inspired by the omotenashi hospitality of Japan. We’re hoping to find someone who can rise to the occasion with us as we develop ourselves and our skill to present guests with a transformative experience.
We proudly pay a thriving wage that grows as you grow
Employer-subsidized medical insurance based upon eligibility
Dental and vision insurance based upon eligibility
Extensive COVID-safety protocols that exceed state and federal recommendations
Consistent weekly work schedule that balances your life with our needs
Paid Time Off
Discounts on spa, lodging, and restaurant, including a ninety-day bonus
Beautiful work environment with a strong and committed team
Take spa, lodging, and restaurant reservations across three software platforms
Tailor each experience to our guests’ needs, from their first phone call to their next visit
Process payments efficiently and accurately
Attend to guests' needs with joy and compassion
Varied schedules available; some nights and weekends required
If you are interested in growing your career with us:
Download an employment application from tenthousandwaves.com/about/
Submit your application at the spa front desk or email it to email@example.com
Candidates for this position must have proof of their Covid-19 vaccination upon hiring.
Salary: Guest Services employees begin at a $17/hour training wage
Benefits: Generous Spa and Restaurant discounts. Plus, Health, Dental, Vision Insurance and FSA benefits upon eligibility and PTO
The Waves is beginning to regrow our business and we need you and your skilled hands to join us! We pride ourselves on being able to offer world-class massage in some of the most beautiful therapy spaces in the country. We are also invested in creating a supportive environment for our therapy community to flourish.
Here are some reasons you may want to work at Ten Thousand Waves:
1. You won’t find a more beautiful environment to work in or a better team to work with.
2. Our safety protocols are top notch!
- A focus on safe ventilation in every room and communal space, including state-of-the-art HEPA filters, CO2 monitors, exhaust fans, and fresh air.
- Top of the line laundry and cleaning procedures ensuring a clean and smooth transition between guests.
- UV light filtration in communal and high-traffic areas.
- All massage guests are required to be fully vaccinated.
- All communal locker rooms have been renovated into private changing areas.
- All private tubs now have private changing areas.
3. Consistent and balanced work schedules
- Commission rates and tips have increased.
- We only offer 80 minute massage- no more churn
- We schedule all your massages, screen the guests for you, and manage transactions.
- We offer in subsidized continuing education approved by NCBTMB and/or the NM Board of Massage
4. Contractor benefits now include:
- 50% discount at Izanami
- 40% discount for private tubs and treatments
- Free access to grand bath when available and tub closing privileges
- 20% discount on Floating World
Applicants must have a current New Mexico Massage License and be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
If you are interested in growing your career with us:
Download the application below and submit it either to the spa front desk or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org