Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest. Ten Thousand Waves is always looking for good people to join our staff in customer service, management, maintenance, construction, and therapy.
Our Japanese-inspired resort is just ten minutes from downtown Santa Fe, adjacent to the Santa Fe National Forest. Inspired by the great Japanese mountain hot springs resorts, Ten Thousand Waves has taken this model and transplanted it to New Mexico, where nature looks very different but is no less beautiful.
Since our founding in 1981, we’ve always emphasized values above profits and we’re proud to offer our people a great place to work.
- We are committed to equity and equality in our workforce.
- Our pay and benefits show how much we value our employees.
- no one starts at less than $15 per hour
- everyone – kitchen workers and servers included – accumulates paid time off
- work schedules are consistent and predictable
- subsidized comprehensive health insurance is available to all employees who work 30+ hours/week
- dental and vision plans are available
- staff receives discounted and free hot tubs, massage, and meals
- we prefer to promote from within, so opportunities for growth abound.
- we have extraordinary measures in place to keep our employees and guests safe.
- We make our guests happy. That in turn makes us happy.
- A large portion of our staff has been with the Waves family for years. There's a reason for that.
Intrigued? Check out some of our current employment opportunities below – and if you don’t see something that fits but are inspired to join our team, feel free to contact us.
Maintenance Team Members
Ten Thousand Waves Spa Resort is searching for a dedicated staff members to join our Maintenance Department. This position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all private and communal tubs and addressing related necessary maintenance and other projects.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous experience with pools and hot tubs preferred
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Timely and efficient follow-through
- Ability to work effectively both on a team and independently
- Confident problem-solving skills
- English-language fluency, with great incentives for bilingual English-Spanish speakers!
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Current driver's license
- Candidates for this position must have proof of their Covid-19 vaccination and booster upon hiring.
- Familiarity and experience with a wide range of power tools
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Applicants must be available to work flexible hours including early mornings, weekends, and holidays in an all-season outdoor environment. Applicants must be able to frequently walk up and down stairs and over uneven terrain, and be able to lift 75 lbs.
Why join Ten Thousand Waves?
- Complimentary Grand Bath tub access for you and a guest
- 50% off of regular spa treatments for you
- 50% off a spa tubs for you and your guest(s)
- 50% off dining at izanami for you and a guest
- 20% off floating world retail
- Health, Dental, Vision benefits upon eligibility
- Paid Time Off upon eligibility
- Additional benefits
The successful candidate will arrive on-time to work, follow instructions well, have a pleasant attitude, keep supervisors informed of the status of work, be team-oriented, dependable, trustworthy, possess good communication skills, set high standards, and exhibit a willingness to work hard to achieve positive results.
How to Apply:
Download and application below, sending your completed application via email to Michelle@tenthousandwaves.com or bring your application physically to Raul Garcia, Director of Maintenance at Ten Thousand Waves Spa Resort.
Salary: TBD based upon experience, plus PTO
Benefits: Spa and Restaurant discounts in a beautiful work environment with Health, Dental, Vision Insurance Benefits upon eligibility
Spa Bath House Cleaning Attendant
Ten Thousand Waves Japanese Spa Resort is seeking to hire a PART TIME (20 to 28 hours per week) Bath House Cleaning Attendant at the Spa.
Applicants must be available to work Thursdays through Sundays from 2:00pm-8:30pm.
Job requirements include the ability to work independently, arrive to work on-time, have some previous work experience with cleaning with the ability to pay attention to detail.
Bilingual English-Spanish applicants preferred.
Please complete the attached application and email it to: Nilo@TenThousandWaves.com
Salary: Starting wage is $16.50 per hour, plus tips and PTO
Benefits: Generous Spa and Restaurant discounts. Plus Dental and Vision Insurance benefits upon eligibility.
Ten Thousand Waves Japanese Spa Resort is seeking to hire a full-time Groundskeeper for our Lodging Department.
Do you have gardening experience, an eye for detail, and are able to complete projects in a timely manner? This groundskeeping position is responsible for maintaining the esthetic quality of all our lodging courtyards and pathways. Other responsibilities include restocking firewood, pruning, weeding, and keeping plants healthy and happy. Some heavy lifting may be required.
The ideal candidate has previous landscaping experience and is responsible, dependable, on-time, and able to work independently while also being a team player who works well with others.
$16 per hour, PTO, generous discounts and benefits upon eligibility.
Must be fully vaccinated and boosted for Covid.
Work schedule to be discussed.
Please download and complete your application below and submit it to Aldair@TenThousandwaves.com
Salary: $16 per hour, plus PTO
Benefits: -50% discounts at the Spa and Restaurant, Health, Dental, Vision Insurance upon eligibility.
Full Time Sushi Line Cook
izanami dining at Ten Thousand Waves Japanese Spa Resort is seeking to hire a full-time sushi line cook to join our dynamic back-of-the-house team. All qualified applicants must have a minumum of three years experience, speak English, and be available to work fixed and flexible shift hours, as needed.
Salary: TBD based upon experience, plus PTO
Benefits: Generous benefits at the spa and restaurant along with Health, Dental, and Vision insurance with eligibility.
Massage Therapists & Estheticians
The Waves is beginning to regrow our business and we need you and your skilled hands to join us! We currently have only evening and weekend shifts available.
We pride ourselves on being able to offer world-class massage and facials in some of the most beautiful therapy spaces in the country. We are also invested in creating a supportive environment for our therapy community to flourish.
Here are some reasons you may want to work at Ten Thousand Waves:
1. You won’t find a more beautiful environment to work in or a better team to work with.
2. Our safety protocols are top notch!
- A focus on safe ventilation in every room and communal space, including state-of-the-art HEPA filters, CO2 monitors, exhaust fans, and fresh air.
- Top of the line laundry and cleaning procedures ensuring a clean and smooth transition between guests.
- UV light filtration in communal and high-traffic areas.
- All massage and facial guests are required to be fully vaccinated.
- All communal locker rooms have been renovated into private changing areas.
- All private tubs now have private changing areas.
3. Consistent and balanced work schedules
- Commission rates and tips have increased.
- We only offer 80 minute treatments--no more churn
- We schedule all of your treatments, screen the guests for you, and manage transactions.
- We offer in subsidized continuing education approved by NCBTMB and/or the NM Board of Massage
4. Contractor benefits now include:
- 50% discount at Izanami
- 50% discount for private tubs and treatments
- Free access to Grand Bath when available and tub closing privileges
- 20% discount on Floating World
Applicants must have a current New Mexico Massage or Esthetician License and be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
If you are interested in growing your career with us:
Download the application below and submit it either to the spa front desk or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org