Join Our Team
Thank you for exploring career choices at Ten Thousand Waves. We're always looking for good people to join our staff in almost all departments.
We're a Japanese-inspired resort just ten minutes from downtown Santa Fe, adjacent to the Santa Fe National Forest. Inspired by the great Japanese mountain hot springs resorts, we offer a sanctuary to locals and people from all over the world.
Since our founding in 1981, we’ve always emphasized values above profits. We're committed to providing an amazing experience for our guests and realize that in order to do that we have to take really good care of our staff.
- We are committed to equity and equality in our workforce.
- Our pay and benefits show how much we value our employees.
- no employee receives less than $17.00 per hour ($17.50 if bilingual) as a starting wage. in addition, the majority of staff receive generous tips from guests, from $2 per hour and up
- $250 hiring bonuses are offered to all new hires after 12 weeks
- $250 referral bonuses are offered if you find us a new hire
- In this era of high inflation, we review our wage structure quarterly and increase wages to account for inflation
- some positions receive quarterly awards of KaniKash -- this is scrip you can use to purchase services, merchandise, and food at the Waves
- everyone – kitchen workers and servers included – receives sick pay and paid time off
- work schedules are consistent and predictable
- subsidized comprehensive health insurance is available to all employees who work 30+ hours/week
- dental and vision plans are available
- staff receives discounted and free hot tubs, massage, and meals
- opportunities for growth abound -- we prefer to promote from within for open positions
- we have extraordinary measures in place to keep our employees and guests safe.
- We make our guests happy. That in turn makes us happy.
- Many of our employees and staff have part of the Waves family for years. There's a reason for that.
Intrigued? Check out some of our current employment opportunities below – and if you don’t see something that fits but are inspired to join our team, feel free to contact us.
Over the last 43 years,Ten Thousand Waves has developed the reputation of having the best massage therapists in the US. The spectacular natural beauty of the facility and environment add to healing experience guests receive.
We are looking to expand our Therapy Department with a few more highly skilled and experienced massage therapists. We support our therapists with many opportunities for high-quality training, education, and accredited CEUs. We have a year-round business, so therapists typically have plenty of work, even in the depths of winter. We're open from 9 am to 9 pm, 7 days per week with 24 therapy rooms, giving therapists a great choice when determining their schedules.
Benefits of working at Ten Thousand Waves:
- Our therapists are independent contractors -- compared to employee status, you receive better pay and enjoy tax advantages
- We offer subsidized continuing education approved by NCBTMB and/or the NM Board of Massage, including opportunities to train with world-reknowned teachers. An example: Uchida sensei comes from Japan to teach for two weeks every year.
- Every therapy room boasts state-of-the-art HEPA filters, CO2 monitors, exhaust fans, and fresh air. Click here for details.
- We take care of all booking, scheduling, linens, and cleaning
- We offer generous spa and restaurant discounts, including complimentary access to the Grand Bath.
- 1 year minimum experience in providing massage treatments and therapeutic services, preferably in a spa or wellness center setting.
- Ability and willingness to train in Ten Thousand Waves treatments and tradecraft protocols.
- Trained in multiple therapeutic modalities.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Current massage therapy license issued by the state of New Mexico.
- Current workers compensation and professional liability insurance. We can guide you in this process.
- Desire and ability to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- Strong work ethic and proven reliability.
- Flexibility with scheduling, training, and meetings.
- Curiosity and a genuine interest in learning.
- Customer service skills and the ability to interact with guests and colleagues with empathy and kindness.
- Strong personal integrity with the ability to handle personal and professional interactions with accountability and respect.
- A self-care practice and knowledge of proper body mechanics.
- Excellent communication skills.
To Apply: please download an application below and submit completed application and resume to THAPP@TENTHOUSANDWAVES.COM
Experienced Maintenance Technician
Ten Thousand Waves Spa Resort is seeking a full-time Experienced Maintenance Technician in our Maintenance Department. This position would report to the Maintenance Manager and interact with all other departments. Applicants must be available to work flexible hours on weekends and evenings.
Why join Ten Thousand Waves?
- Complimentary Grand Bath access for you and a guest
- 50% off of regular spa treatments for you
- 50% off spa tubs for you and your guest(s)
- 25% off dining at izanami for you and all your dining guest(s)
- 20% off floating world retail
- Health, Dental, Vision benefits upon eligibility
- Paid Time Off upon eligibility
- Additional Benefits
Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. Working independently is a must. Additional training with equipment will be provided.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong skillset in property maintenance, including plumbing and electrical.
- Current driver's license
- Familiarity and experience with a wide range of power tools
- Comfortable with using computers is a plus
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work in, on, around, over and under fixed equipment and machinery; to work from lifts, ladders, and scaffolding; to manipulate heavy equipment, tools and supplies and/or exert 70 lbs; to frequently walk up and down stairs and over uneven terrain; able to lift/carry up to 75 lbs.; to work in confined spaces and adverse weather or temperature conditions; to wear and work in personnel protective equipment.
To apply, download an application below and email your completed application to Michelle@tenthousandwaves.com or bring your application for employment physically to Raul Garcia, in the Maintenance Department at Ten Thousand Waves Japanese Spa Resort.
Salary: Competitive Salary: Based on experience, plus tips and bonuses
Benefits: Generous spa and restaurant discounts, health benefits upon eligibility, flexible time off