Join Our Team
We often seek good people to join our staff in customer service, management, maintenance, construction, and therapy. Listed below are the positions currently available.
Massage Therapists and Estheticians
Ten Thousand Waves is currently hiring massage therapists and estheticians. Below is information about our hiring process. Applicants must be available to work a minimum of 3 nights per week. If you are considering working in a spa, you will not find a more beautiful natural environment than Ten Thousand Waves. Natural lighting, gorgeous views and mountain air abound! Our staff receives generous discounts to enjoy all that Ten Thousand Waves has to offer. As one of the top-ranked spas in the country, our business is consistent and profitable. We have a wonderful clientele and a community of very talented massage therapists and superb guest services employees. Please inquire for details about our hiring process.
Massage Therapist and Esthetician Requirements
Applicants should be aware of the following commitments and requirements to be a contractor at Ten Thousand Waves
Therapists and Estheticians must provide with application:
- Current New Mexico Massage or Esthetician License
Before first day of work, therapists and estheticians agree to obtain:
- Liability Insurance
- Worker's Compensation Insurance
- CRS number from the State of NM
Massage Therapists will be required to take the following classes from TTW
- Professional Ethics
- Spa Training
Therapists and Estheticians must complete a minimum of 16 CEUs each year
- Available a minimum of 3 nights per week
- Available during our high season (July-Oct)
- Available holidays and weekends
- Personal responsibility for scheduling and shift coverage
Benefits: Beautiful environment, treatment and bath discounts, wonderful staff.
Izanami Dining at Ten Thousand Waves is seeking talented and motivated employees to join our dynamic service team. We believe that "Omotenashi" is paramount to our guests' experience. If you are one to take pleasure in giving detailed customer service, please consider this unique opportunity with authentic Japanese food and culture. Applicants must be available to work fixed and flexible hours, as needed. Other job requirements include a positive and energetic personality and great people skills with our guests and staff. The successful candidate is a team-player and a team-builder. A pleasant attitude and professional appearance is valued, as well as, the willingness to attain knowledge and appreciation for our izakaya and sake menus. Please email the attached application to Brian Fairchild, Front of House Manager at: Brian@TenThousandWaves.com
Benefits: A beautiful work environment with restaurant and spa discounts along with Dental and Health Benefits TBD.
Guest Services Position
Guest Services seeks an individual who both appreciates our exquisite environment and succeeds in our fast-paced, detail-oriented setting. Like a swan that appears graceful at first glance but whose feet are paddling furiously beneath the water, you must be able to present a calm and professional demeanor even while your hands, feet, and mind remain constantly active behind the front desk.
For each guest, we strive to create the ultimate spa experience by providing supreme, Japanese-inspired customer service—our omotenashi. Through careful attention to detail and dynamic, personal interactions with both guests and coworkers, we create a cultural experience unlike any other.
Ten Thousand Waves began in 1981. Currently, we have a thriving community of 148 employees, 130 massage therapists and 14 aestheticians. We also have nineteen massage rooms, thirteen lodging accommodations, and a full-service restaurant. We pride ourselves on our great massage, our authenticity, and our dedication to constant, mindful improvement. In 2015, we were voted one of the top three Best Destination Spas in THE WORLD by Condé Nast. Ten Thousand Waves is open 365 days, 7 days a week, including holidays.
- 40% off spa services and 20% discount at Izanami Dining
- Complimentary, communal soaking for you and up to 3 guests
- Dental and Medical eligibility after sixty days, based upon hours worked per week
- Beautiful work environment, eclectic and caring coworkers
- Room for advancement
- and MUCH MORE......
YOU MUST BE:
- Familiar with us through your own experience as a guest
- Professional and self-motivated at the highest level
- Fully available for initial intense 4-week training period, working approximately 30 hours/week, until a permanent schedule is determined
- An excellent multitasker who can prioritize well
- An exceptional communicator who can accommodate our diverse clientele and staff
- From a strong customer service background with minimum 2 years of experience
- Passionate for a new career and focused on self-improvement
Download an employment application from tenthousandwaves.com
Come to the spa and submit your application to the Front Desk Supervisor
Applications that are submitted electronically or by phone will not be considered (See Below)
"Any art worth learninig will certainly reward more or less generously the effort to study it" -Murasaki Shikibu