All services are by reservation only.
Keep up with the latest news by signing up for our newsletter.
Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest. Ten Thousand Waves is always looking for good people to join our staff in customer service, management, maintenance, construction, and therapy.
Our Japanese-inspired resort is just ten minutes from downtown Santa Fe, adjacent to the Santa Fe National Forest. Inspired by the great Japanese mountain hot springs resorts, Ten Thousand Waves has taken this model and transplanted it to New Mexico, where nature looks very different but is no less beautiful.
Since our founding in 1981, we’ve always emphasized values above profits and we’re proud to offer our people a great place to work.
- We are committed to equity and equality in our workforce.
- Our pay and benefits show how much we value our employees.
- starting wage for everyone is $16.50 per hour or higher. in addition, the majority of staff receive generous tips from guests, from $2 per hour and up
- $250 hiring bonuses are offered to all new hires after 12 weeks
- $250 referral bonuses are offered if you find us a new hire
- some positions receive quarterly awards of kani kash -- which you can use to purchase services, merchandise, and food at the Waves
- everyone – kitchen workers and servers included – receives sick pay and paid time off
- work schedules are consistent and predictable
- subsidized comprehensive health insurance is available to all employees who work 30+ hours/week
- dental and vision plans are available
- staff receives discounted and free hot tubs, massage, and meals
- we prefer to promote from within, so opportunities for growth abound.
- we have extraordinary measures in place to keep our employees and guests safe.
- We make our guests happy. That in turn makes us happy.
- A large portion of our staff has been with the Waves family for years. There's a reason for that.
Intrigued? Check out some of our current employment opportunities below – and if you don’t see something that fits but are inspired to join our team, feel free to contact us.
Full Time Sushi Line Cook
izanami dining at Ten Thousand Waves Japanese Spa Resort is seeking to hire a full-time sushi line cook to join our dynamic back-of-the-house team. All qualified applicants must have a minumum of three years experience, speak English, and be available to work fixed and flexible shift hours, as needed.
Why work at Ten Thousand Waves Japanese Spa Resort?
- Paid time off
- Shift meals
- Employer subsidized health and life insurance
- Employer sponsored vision and dental plans
- Complimentary Grand Bath tub access for you and a guest
- Discounts on private tubs, treatments, dining and retail
- Work in a beautiful indoor/outdoor environment with a great community of people
- Provide health and relaxation for grateful guests who leave happier than when they came
- Be involved in a workplace that has utmost concern for your health
- Employer requires staff to be vaccinated and to wear a mask indoors
- Indoor air is constantly monitored for excellent ventilation
- Employer utilizes state-of-the art UV upper air disinfection
Please download and complete the application and send to Chef Kiko at Kiko@TenThousandWaves.com or contact the Human Resources Director at Michelle@TenThousandWaves.com
Salary: TBD based upon experience, plus PTO
Benefits: Generous benefits at the spa and restaurant along with Health, Dental, and Vision insurance with eligibility.
The Waves is beginning to regrow our business and we need you and your skilled hands to join us! We currently have only evening and weekend shifts available.
We pride ourselves on being able to offer world-class massage in some of the most beautiful therapy spaces in the country. We are also invested in creating a supportive environment for our therapy community to flourish.
Here are some reasons you may want to work at Ten Thousand Waves:
1. You won’t find a more beautiful environment to work in or a better team to work with.
2. Our safety protocols are top notch!
- A focus on safe ventilation in every room and communal space, including state-of-the-art HEPA filters, CO2 monitors, exhaust fans, and fresh air.
- Top of the line laundry and cleaning procedures ensuring a clean and smooth transition between guests.
- UV light filtration in communal and high-traffic areas.
- All massage guests are required to be fully vaccinated.
- All communal locker rooms have been renovated into private changing areas.
- All private tubs now have private changing areas.
3. Consistent and balanced work schedules
- Commission rates and tips have increased.
- We only offer 80 minute treatments--no more churn
- We schedule all of your treatments, screen the guests for you, and manage transactions.
- We offer in subsidized continuing education approved by NCBTMB and/or the NM Board of Massage
4. Contractor benefits now include:
- Complimentary Grand Bath tub access for you and a guest
- 50% off of regular spa treatments for you
- 50% off a spa tubs for you and your guest(s)
- 25% off dining at izanami for you and your guest(s)
- 20% off floating world retail
- Additional benefits
Applicants must have a current New Mexico Massage License.
If you are interested in growing your career with us:
Download the application below and submit it either to the spa front desk or email it to email@example.com
izanami FOH Floor Manager
Ten Thousand Waves Japanese Spa Resort is seeking a motivated Floor Manager to join our dynamic front of house team at izanami dining. The Floor Manager is the face of izanami and supports FOH Management and the Executive Chef in the daily operations of the restaurant. The ideal candidate would orchestrate the front of house staff to operate proficiently while ensuring our guests are provided with an authentic and excellent dining experience. This full time leadership position entails duties such as educating and empowering staff with coaching and discipline on understanding and practicing our kaizen culture and maintaining staff protocols for cultivating omotenashi.
Why join the izanami team at Ten Thousand Waves Japanese Spa Resort?
~ A year-round all seasons position
~ Employer subsidized health and life insurance
~ Employer sponsored vision and dental plans
~ Complimentary Grand Bath tub access for you and a guest
~ Discounts on private tubs, treatments, dining and retail
~ Work in a beautiful indoor/outdoor environment
~Work with a great community of people
~Generous Paid Time Off
~ Delicious Shift Meals
~ Be involved in a workplace that has utmost concern for your health
~ Indoor air is constantly monitored for excellent ventilation
~ Employer utilizes state-of-the art UV upper air disinfection
~ Provide a memorable experience for grateful guests who leave happier than when they arrived!
At the Waves, we believe that "Omotenashi" is paramount to our guests' experience. If you are one to take pleasure in giving detailed customer service, please consider this unique career opportunity with authentic Japanese food and culture. A positive and energetic personality along with a willingness to attain knowledge and appreciation for our izakaya and sake menus will also be considered when interviewing applicants for this postion.
To apply, please download and complete your application and send it to TTW Human Resources Director: Michelle@TenThousandWaves.com
Benefits: Competitive Salary, PTO, Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits, Generous Discounts At The Resort & Restaurant and more!