We take extraordinary measures to limit the spread of COVID. Those receiving spa services must be fully vaccinated. Beginning September 1, there will be vaccination requirements for hot tubs, lodging, and izanami as well. Please see current offerings for details of our policies. Keep up with changes by signing up for our newsletter .
Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest. Ten Thousand Waves is always looking for good people to join our staff in customer service, management, maintenance, construction, and therapy.
Our Japanese-inspired resort is just ten minutes from downtown Santa Fe, adjacent to the Santa Fe National Forest. Inspired by the great Japanese mountain hot springs resorts, Ten Thousand Waves has taken this model and transplanted it to New Mexico, where nature looks very different but is no less beautiful.
Since our founding in 1981, we’ve always emphasized values above profits and we’re proud to offer our people a great place to work.
- We are committed to equity and equality in our workforce.
- Our pay and benefits show how much we value our employees.
- no one starts at less than $15 per hour
- everyone – kitchen workers and servers included – accumulates paid time off
- work schedules are consistent and predictable
- subsidized comprehensive health insurance is available to all employees who work 30+ hours/week
- dental and vision plans are available
- staff receives discounted and free hot tubs, massage, and meals
- we prefer to promote from within, so opportunities for growth abound.
- we have extraordinary measures in place to keep our employees and guests safe.
- We make our guests happy. That in turn makes us happy.
- A large portion of our staff has been with the Waves family for years. There's a reason for that.
Intrigued? Check out some of our current employment opportunities below – and if you don’t see something that fits but are inspired to join our team, feel free to contact us.
Full Time PM Line Cook
izanami dining at Ten Thousand Waves Japanese Spa Resort is seeking to hire a full-time PM line cook to work 5 days a week to support our dynamic back-of-the-house team. Applicants must have a minumum of three years experience on the grill and be available to work fixed and flexible shift hours, as needed.
Salary: $18 per hour, plus PTO benefits and more
Benefits: Generous benefits at the spa and restaurant along with Health, Dental, and Vision insurance with eligibility.
Guest Services Team Member
Have you ever wanted to work with a team who never shies away from a challenge? Does helping others create a relaxing and personalized spa experience spark joy? Do you pride yourself on doing the best in every situation? Would you enjoy working in a beautiful environment with generous benefits throughout the company (really, who wouldn’t?)
If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll apply to work with us.
Our diverse team is made up of individuals who hold themselves and each other to the highest standard to craft a guest experience inspired by the omotenashi hospitality of Japan. We’re hoping to find someone who can rise to the occasion with us as we develop ourselves and our skill to present guests with a transformative experience.
We proudly pay a thriving wage that grows as you grow
Employer-subsidized medical insurance based upon eligibility
Dental and vision insurance based upon eligibility
Extensive COVID-safety protocols that exceed state and federal recommendations
Consistent weekly work schedule that balances your life with our needs
Paid Time Off
Discounts on spa, lodging, and restaurant, including a ninety-day bonus
Beautiful work environment with a strong and committed team
Take spa, lodging, and restaurant reservations across three software platforms
Tailor each experience to our guests’ needs, from their first phone call to their next visit
Process payments efficiently and accurately
Attend to guests' needs with joy and compassion
Varied schedules available; some nights and weekends required
If you are interested in growing your career with us:
Download an employment application from tenthousandwaves.com/about/
Submit your application at the spa front desk or email it to email@example.com
Candidates for this position must have proof of their Covid-19 vaccination upon hiring.
Salary: Guest Services employees begin at a $17/hour training wage
Benefits: Generous Spa and Restaurant discounts. Plus, Health, Dental, Vision Insurance and FSA benefits upon eligibility and PTO
The Waves is beginning to regrow our business and we need you and your skilled hands to join us! We pride ourselves on being able to offer world-class massage in some of the most beautiful therapy spaces in the country. We are also invested in creating a supportive environment for our therapy community to flourish.
Here are some reasons you may want to work at Ten Thousand Waves:
1. You won’t find a more beautiful environment to work in or a better team to work with.
2. Our safety protocols are top notch!
- A focus on safe ventilation in every room and communal space, including state-of-the-art HEPA filters, CO2 monitors, exhaust fans, and fresh air.
- Top of the line laundry and cleaning procedures ensuring a clean and smooth transition between guests.
- UV light filtration in communal and high-traffic areas.
- All massage guests are required to be fully vaccinated.
- All communal locker rooms have been renovated into private changing areas.
- All private tubs now have private changing areas.
3. Consistent and balanced work schedules
- Commission rates and tips have increased.
- We only offer 80 minute massage- no more churn
- We schedule all your massages, screen the guests for you, and manage transactions.
- We offer in subsidized continuing education approved by NCBTMB and/or the NM Board of Massage
4. Contractor benefits now include:
- 50% discount at Izanami
- 40% discount for private tubs and treatments
- Free access to grand bath when available and tub closing privileges
- 20% discount on Floating World
Applicants must have a current New Mexico Massage License and be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
If you are interested in growing your career with us:
Download the application below and submit it either to the spa front desk or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org