Due to construction on Hyde Park Road, please allow an extra 15 minutes travel time. Save with Reserved Community Soaking. Keep up with the latest news by signing up for our newsletter. All services are by reservation only.
Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest. Ten Thousand Waves is always looking for good people to join our staff in customer service, management, maintenance, construction, and therapy.
Our Japanese-inspired resort is just ten minutes from downtown Santa Fe, adjacent to the Santa Fe National Forest. Inspired by the great Japanese mountain hot springs resorts, Ten Thousand Waves has taken this model and transplanted it to New Mexico, where nature looks very different but is no less beautiful.
Since our founding in 1981, we’ve always emphasized values above profits and we’re proud to offer our people a great place to work.
- We are committed to equity and equality in our workforce.
- Our pay and benefits show how much we value our employees.
- starting wage for spa employees is $16.50 per hour or higher. in addition, the majority of staff receive generous tips from guests, from $2 per hour and up
- $250 hiring bonuses are offered to all new hires after 12 weeks
- $250 referral bonuses are offered if you find us a new hire
- some positions receive quarterly awards of kani kash -- which you can use to purchase services, merchandise, and food at the Waves
- everyone – kitchen workers and servers included – receives sick pay and paid time off
- work schedules are consistent and predictable
- subsidized comprehensive health insurance is available to all employees who work 30+ hours/week
- dental and vision plans are available
- staff receives discounted and free hot tubs, massage, and meals
- we prefer to promote from within, so opportunities for growth abound.
- we have extraordinary measures in place to keep our employees and guests safe.
- We make our guests happy. That in turn makes us happy.
- A large portion of our staff has been with the Waves family for years. There's a reason for that.
Intrigued? Check out some of our current employment opportunities below – and if you don’t see something that fits but are inspired to join our team, feel free to contact us.
izanami dining - FOH server assistant and host positions
izanami dining at Ten Thousand Waves Japanese Spa Resort is seeking talented and motivated employees to join our dynamic FOH service team.
We believe that "Omotenashi" is paramount to our guests' experience. If you are one to take pleasure in giving detailed customer service, please consider this unique opportunity with authentic Japanese food and culture.
Applicants for host and server assistant positions must be available to work fixed and flexible hours on weekdays and weekends in AM & PM and maintain a commitment to work a full-time schedule. Some restaurant experience is a plus but having a professional appearance and the passion to attain knowledge about our izakaya and sake menus will make a potential candidate successful.
Please download and complete the application below and email to Michelle, Director of Human Resources at: Michelle@TenThousandWaves.com Arigato!
Salary: Competitive Hourly Wages, Plus Tips!
Benefits: A beautiful work environment with restaurant and spa discounts along with health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits upon eligibility.
The Waves is beginning to regrow our business and we need you and your skilled hands to join us! We currently have only evening and weekend shifts available.
We pride ourselves on being able to offer world-class massage in some of the most beautiful therapy spaces in the country. We are also invested in creating a supportive environment for our therapy community to flourish.
Here are some reasons you may want to work at Ten Thousand Waves:
1. You won’t find a more beautiful environment to work in or a better team to work with.
2. Our safety protocols are top notch!
- A focus on safe ventilation in every room and communal space, including state-of-the-art HEPA filters, CO2 monitors, exhaust fans, and fresh air.
- Top of the line laundry and cleaning procedures ensuring a clean and smooth transition between guests.
- UV light filtration in communal and high-traffic areas.
- All massage guests are required to be fully vaccinated.
- All communal locker rooms have been renovated into private changing areas.
- All private tubs now have private changing areas.
3. Consistent and balanced work schedules
- Commission rates and tips have increased.
- We only offer 80 minute treatments--no more churn
- We schedule all of your treatments, screen the guests for you, and manage transactions.
- We offer in subsidized continuing education approved by NCBTMB and/or the NM Board of Massage
4. Contractor benefits now include:
- Complimentary Grand Bath tub access for you and a guest
- 50% off of regular spa treatments for you
- 50% off a spa tubs for you and your guest(s)
- 25% off dining at izanami for you and your guest(s)
- 20% off floating world retail
- Additional benefits
Applicants must have a current New Mexico Massage License.
If you are interested in growing your career with us:
Download the application below and submit it either to the spa front desk or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
izanami dining Pastry Chef
The talented team at izanami dining is seeking a dedicated, full-time Pastry Chef with at least three years of experience.
Why join izanami dining at Ten Thousand Waves?
- Paid time off
- Employer subsidized health and life insurance
- Employer sponsored group vision and dental plans
- Discounts on private tubs, treatments, dining, and retail
- Complimentary Grand Bath tub access for you and a guest
- Be involved in a workplace that has utmost concern for your health
- Work in a beautiful indoor/outdoor environment with a great community of people
Interested candidates must speak English fluently and be available to work fixed and flexible shift hours, as needed.
Download the employment application below and email it to Kiko@TenThousandWaves.com and/or the HR Director: Michelle@TenThousandWaves.com
Salary: Competitive wages based upon experience