The Governor of New Mexico issued a new directive (to begin 12/2) to keep us safe. See current offerings We have outdoor table service and the best takeout in town at izanami. Serene lodging includes outdoor bathing from 10 am - 6 pm. Keep current by signing up for our newsletter .
lunch 11:30 am - 2:30 pm Friday, Saturday, & Sunday
dinner 5:00 pm - 8:45 pm daily
Izanami is upscale izakaya fare--small plates served (with sake) in a casual atmosphere. We have the safest indoor dining in Santa Fe. We also offer curbside pickup and delivery. We're open every day from 5:00 -8:45 pm for dinner and 11:30 am-2:30 pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for lunch. We ask you to wear a face mask while interacting with your server, while walking around the restaurant, and while being seated.
Here's how we keep you safe
- Sanitation: We sanitize all surfaces constantly throughout the day. We fog the entire restaurant with hydrogen peroxide daily. Our kitchen is one of the cleanest in Santa Fe.
- We monitor the entire restaurant with carbon dioxide meters to assure that there is adequate replacement fresh air
- There is a state-of-the-art hood system designed to replace the entire volume of air in the kitchen with outside air every 5 minutes
- Each bathroom has a strong vent fan to the outside
- Masks: Both you and our staff will wear masks whenever you interact. You, of course, may remove your masks when you're alone with your bubble.
- Filtration: The ducted heating and cooling system utilizes MERV13 filters capable of filtering particles larger than 1 micron. The Tatami Room also has a HEPA filter capable of filtering 99% of all aerosol particles of 1 micron. The average COVID aerosol is 3 microns
- Upper Air Germicidal UltraViolet Light:
- The main dining room has UV light fixtures irradiating the entire airspace between the beams at 11 foot height to the peak of the ceiling at 20 feet. Ceiling fans pull the air from the dining area into this 'killing zone' to destroy COVID aerosols within 16 seconds.
- The Asahi Room and the Patio Room have UV fixtures irradiating the upper 12" of airspace
- There are in-duct UV lamps irradiating 12 times per hour the entire volume of air passing through the HVAC system that heats and cools the restaurant
Go to izanamitakeout.com to order takeout or delivery online. Call 505-982-9304 for dine-in reservations. Or go to 'make a reservation' at the bottom of this page. Don't forget that we are stocked with the most extensive selection of premium Japanese sake within a thousand miles!
90% of our pork, chicken, wagyu beef, and produce is organic or sustainably raised by purveyors we know and trust. Some of our organic and local farmers and ranchers are Freshie's Farm, Romero Farms, Morgan Ranch, and Urban Rebel Farms. Fresh ingredients are emphasized in all our preparations. we make our own desserts, ice cream, and pickles in house.
Since we’re a thousand miles from the ocean, we are extremely selective about our purveyors and only order enough seafood to get us through the day.
All our beef is either Nebraska or Miyazaki wagyu. It's possibly the most delicious meat you will ever eat. Click this link to learn everything you need to know about wagyu
Many items on the menu are gluten free--including all our fried food. You may be able to eat soy sauce, even if you're gluten-sensitive. Read about it here.
There are generally up to twenty vegetarian and vegan items at dinner. Please inform your server of any dietary restrictions.