We take extraordinary measures to limit the spread of COVID, including requiring those receiving massages, spa services, and skincare to be fully vaccinated. Please see our current offerings for details of our policies. Keep up with the fast-moving changes--sign up for our newsletter .
Izanami is upscale izakaya fare--small plates served in a casual atmosphere with the most extensive selection of premium Japanese sake within a thousand miles! We are open every day from 12:00 -9:00 pm for indoor and outdoor dining.
90% of our pork, chicken, wagyu beef, and produce is organic or sustainably raised by purveyors we know and trust. Some of our organic and local farmers and ranchers are Freshie's Farm, Romero Farms, Morgan Ranch, and Urban Rebel Farms. Fresh ingredients are emphasized in all our preparations. We make our own desserts, ice cream, and pickles in house. Since we’re a thousand miles from the ocean, we are extremely selective about our purveyors and only order enough seafood to get us through the day.
All our beef is either Nebraska or Miyazaki wagyu. It's possibly the most delicious meat you will ever eat. Click this link to learn everything you need to know about wagyu. Many items on the menu are gluten free--including all our fried food. You may be able to eat soy sauce, even if you're gluten-sensitive. Read about it here. There are always plenty of vegetarian and vegan items on the menu. Please inform your server of any dietary restrictions.
Here's how we keep you safe
- Sanitation: We sanitize all surfaces constantly throughout the day. Our kitchen is one of the cleanest in Santa Fe.
- We monitor the entire restaurant with carbon dioxide meters to assure that there is adequate replacement fresh air
- There is a state-of-the-art hood system designed to replace the entire volume of air in the kitchen with outside air every 5 minutes
- Each bathroom has a strong vent fan to the outside
- Filtration: The ducted heating and cooling system utilizes MERV13 filters capable of filtering particles larger than 1 micron. The Tatami Room also has a HEPA filter capable of filtering 99% of all aerosol particles of 1 micron. The average COVID aerosol is 3 microns
- Upper Air Germicidal UltraViolet Light:
- The main dining room has UV light fixtures irradiating the entire airspace between the beams at 11 foot height to the peak of the ceiling at 20 feet. Ceiling fans pull the air from the dining area into this 'killing zone' to destroy COVID aerosols within 16 seconds.
- The Minato Room and the Patio have UV fixtures irradiating the upper 12" of airspace
- There are in-duct UV lamps irradiating the entire volume of air passing through the HVAC system that heats and cools the restaurant