As in classic Japanese architecture, inside and outside merge at Ten Thousand Waves. Ventilation is just one of the measures we take to provide a beautiful, safe, and welcoming environment. Keep up with the latest news by signing up for our newsletter .
Special care for the COVID era
Our normal high standards of cleanliness are specially enhanced prior to the arrival of each new guest.
Every room has private access to the outside. Please let us know if you would prefer that we do not enter your room during your stay.
Houses of the Moon
In the tradition of the Japanese ryokan, a few lucky guests are able to stay overnight just a short walk to the spa. You're surrounded by twenty acres of pinons and junipers, yet downtown is only ten minutes away. For an easily accessible romantic vacation to an exotic destination, there's no better choice. We can help curate your stay--just pick up the phone to get hiking recommendations, restaurant suggestions, or extra linens or supplies. Book online here.
Access to Spa
We offer complimentary outdoor bathing in the Grand Bath with expanded hours for lodging guests. The Grand Bath may be accessed from 8 am - 9 pm (some exceptions for holidays).
Priority Booking for Massage and Hot Tub Suites
Lodging guests receive priority for private spa suites and massage. If you're staying with us, you may book massage and tubs up to 60 days prior to arrival. We suggest that you inquire about spa services and restaurant reservations when making lodging reservations. We do save a few reservations up to seven days in advance for lodging guests if you're one of those last-minute people!
There is a two night minimum stay.
- izanami is open for table service, indoors and outside. Takeout is available for lodging guests
- a complimentary breakfast bento (fresh fruit, yogurt, house-made gluten-free granola, and a house-made gluten-free muffin) will be delivered to your room every morning
- pre-order Chef Kiko's charcuterie plate to have it waiting in your room upon arrival
Always complimentary to Lodging Guests:
- High-speed wireless internet in each room
- Access to the Grand Bath from 8 am - 9 pm (some exceptions for holidays)
- Domestic long-distance telephone calls
- A breakfast bento, locally-roasted coffee, organic tea, non-dairy milk, and half and half
- Buddha chocolates on your pillow when you arrive
- No hidden fees
- Online Reservations
- Cancellation Policy
- Map - Houses of the Moon
- Packages & Specials