We take extraordinary measures to limit the spread of COVID, including requiring those receiving massages, spa services, and skincare to be fully vaccinated. Please see our current offerings for details of our policies. Keep up with the fast-moving changes--sign up for our newsletter .
We believe that the COVID vaccine is necessary for the well-being of our staff, our guests, and society in general. Massage and spa services are only available to those completely vaccinated for COVID
To be considered completely vaccinated and eligible for massage, spa services, and skin care, you must have received either:
- two doses of Moderna
- two doses of Pfizer
- two doses of AstraZeneca,
- one dose of AstraZeneca combined with one dose of Pfizer or Moderna
- one dose of Johnson & Johnson.
You must have received your final or single dose according to your vaccination type at least 14 days prior to the service at Ten Thousand Waves. No other type of vaccine is accepted at this time
On day of your reservation you must bring with you:
- proof of vaccination indicating:
- your full name
- the date(s) of your doses
- the type of vaccine you received
- the name of the government entity or healthcare facility that provided your vaccine--cancellation fees apply if you forget
- a driver's license or government ID corresponding to the name on your vaccine documentation.
We only accept proof of vaccination. We do not accept: antibody tests, pictures of serum bottles, selfies of you receiving the vaccine, or texts/emails confirming appointment times
Cancellation fees apply if you forget. Hint: to avoid this disappointment, download your vaccination card to Folio, a super handy app that loads all your ID cards on your phone. Do it now while you're thinking about it!
We offer you a few distinct choices honed to achieve results:
Innovative rhythmic massage similar to what you would receive in Japan. This is not just a great relaxing massage, but addresses underlying issues. Ideal for specific problem areas. Can be very deep.
Long, slow strokes with oil--Swedish-type massage combined with other modalities. Pressure can be adjusted to your needs. Add CBD oil to enhance the benefits.
Treat Your Feet
A combination of Therapeutic Massage with Ashi Anma Foot Massage . Can also be done with CBD oil.
- All massages include unlimited time in the Grand Bath
- All treatments are done in spacious rooms with natural light, HEPA filtration, and good ventilation
- Private shower and changing areas provided with each massage
- We train all of our therapists in tradecraft and ethics (everything about massage not taught in school) and offer continuing education to our therapists in proprietary treatments not available at any other spa
- All therapists have:
- At least 650 hours of training in an accredited massage school.
- Membership in a professional massage organization.
Bodywork in the time of COVID
Because safety for staff and guest is paramount, we maintain the following protocols:
- Sanitation: We allow extra time between massages to sanitize all surfaces.
- Ventilation: We monitor every massage room with carbon dioxide meters to assure that there is adequate replacement fresh air
- Filtration: Every massage room has a HEPA filter capable of filtering 99% of all aerosol particles sized 1 micron and larger. The average COVID aerosol is 3 microns
- Staff COVID testing: any staff member not fully vaccinated is tested weekly with a PCR COVID test
We presently schedule massage and facials up to 45 days in advance. Call 505-982-9304 for reservations.