The Governor of New Mexico issued a new directive (to begin 12/2) to keep us safe. See current offerings We have outdoor table service and the best takeout in town at izanami. Serene lodging includes outdoor bathing from 10 am - 6 pm. Keep current by signing up for our newsletter .
- All treatments are done in spacious rooms with natural light, good ventilation, and private showers
- We schedule extra time between treatments to allow for changing and showering in the room and deep cleaning between guests
- We take your temperature before your treatment. Please do not come if you are running a fever.
- We train all of our therapists in tradecraft and ethics (everything about massage not taught in school) and offer continuing education to our therapists in proprietary treatments not available at any other spa
- All therapists have:
- At least 650 hours of training in an accredited massage school.
- Membership in a professional massage organization.
Massage in the time of COVID All Ten Thousand Waves staff are tested for COVID on a regular basis. We go above and beyond the latest directives from our Governor to operate safely.
- Sanitation: We allow extra time between massages to sanitize all surfaces. Each massage room is fogged with hydrogen peroxide daily.
- Ventilation: We monitor every massage room with carbon dioxide meters to assure that there is adequate replacement fresh air
- Masks: Both you and your massage therapist are required to wear masks during your treatment
- Filtration: Every massage room has a HEPA filter capable of filtering 99% of all aerosol particles sized 1 micron and larger. The average COVID aerosol is 3 microns
- Upper Air Germicidal UltraViolet Light: Every massaage room has the airspace from the 7 foot height to the ceiling irradiated by 254 nanometer UVC, the most powerful sterilizer in the world
We offer you just a few distinct choices honed to achieve results:
Long, slow strokes with oil--Swedish-type massage combined with other modalities. Pressure can be adjusted to your needs. Add CBD oil to enhance the benefits.
Innovative rhythmic massage similar to what you would receive in Japan. This is not just a great relaxing massage, but addresses underlying issues. Ideal for specific problem areas. Can be very deep.
Treat Your Feet
A combination of Therapeutic Massage with Ashi Anma Foot Massage
Both therapist and guest are required to wear a mask during the treatments--we supply comfortable masking for the face-down part of the massage.