We take extraordinary measures to limit the spread of COVID. Those receiving spa services must be fully vaccinated. Beginning September 1, there will be vaccination requirements for hot tubs, lodging, and izanami as well. Please see current offerings for details of our policies. Keep up with changes by signing up for our newsletter .
Check-In & Check-Out
Spa - Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your first spa reservation. Arrive 45-60 prior to your massage if you plan to visit the baths first.
Lodging - Check-in any time after 4:00 pm. We will call you before your arrival to offer you a contactless check-in. We are also available from 4:00pm-10:00pm in the spa lobby if you need to check in in-person. There is no early check-in or late check-out due to increased time required for cleaning. You can reach us by phone at 505-982-9304 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you will be transferring to a different room during your stay, you will not have access to your room between noon and 4:00 pm. It takes approximately four hours for a thorough disinfection and cleaning to keep you safe during this time of COVID.
Instructions for late check-in will be included in your confirmation letter. Your checkout packet will be emailed to you the evening before your departure date. All payments will be posted by end of business day on your departure date. If you would like to check out with a human, please arrange in advance.
We ask guests to guarantee all reservations with a credit card. This card will be charged if you cancel or change without giving us adequate notice, or if a member of your party arrives without the required proof of vaccination or COVID test. Those who can provide proof of a positive COVID test are exempt from cancellation fees. The positive test may be for one of your party, a household member, or someone you work closely with that requires your absence from work.
- For hot tub suites, massage, facials, and spa treatments, we require 24 hours notice to cancel or change without a penalty.
- If cancellation occurs less than 24 hours prior or you don't show for your service, 50% of the cost of the service will be charged to your card on file.
- Cancellations 8 or more days prior to the reservation will not be charged.
- Cancellations or changes 2-7 days prior will be charged for the first night.
- Cancellations or changes after 4pm on the day before check in will be charged for the entire stay.
- We ask you to cancel 60 minutes prior to the time of your reservation.
- If cancellation occurs less than 60 minutes prior or you don't show for your reservation, $25 per table will be charged to your card on file.
Vaccination/COVID Test Requirements:
- If any member of your party is unable to provide the appropriate proof of vaccination for massage, spa treatments, or facials or proof of vaccination or recent COVID test for other services, cancellation fees above will apply.
Children & Under 18
At Ten Thousand Waves, we are inclusive, not exclusive. We welcome well-behaved children in our lodging rooms and baths. There is no charge for children under 4 feet in any private tub (2 kids maximum per adult). Anyone under the age of 18 must have the permission of an adult to use our facilities.
At Ten Thousand Waves, we are inclusive, not exclusive. All lodging rooms are pet-friendly. Please advise us at the time of reservation if you will be bringing a pet. We provide dog beds and food/water bowls. Some rooms have dog-proof courtyards (unless he's a champion jumper)[see 'amenities' on the lodging page for a list of those rooms]. If you leave your pets unattended in the rooms, you will be financially responsible for any damage or disturbance to other guests from a barking dog. Please do not leave your pet unattended. There is a $40 room charge per night for one or more pets.
Pets are allowed in private baths at the spa.
Reservations for hot tub suites
Online booking or call (505) 982-9304. Although you can occasionally get last-minute reservations, we recommend planning ahead to book your private suite. Please have your credit card on hand to guarantee your reservation. Lodging guests receive priority for hot tub reservations and may book at the time lodging reservations are made.
To assure that you are scheduled for the times and services you want, WE DO NOT TAKE RESERVATIONS VIA EMAIL.
Reservations for massage
Please call (505) 982-9304. Lodging guests receive priority for massage reservations and may book at the time lodging reservations are made. Massage is presently available to those who have been fully vaccinated against COVID.
Reservations for lodging
Online booking or call (505) 982-9304.
Although you can often get last-minute reservations, we recommend a considerable lead time for lodging reservations. Please have your credit card on hand to secure your reservation. To avoid disappointment, we suggest booking hot tub suites and massage when making lodging reservations.
Your reservations are not confirmed until you have received an e-mail from us containing your confirmation number.
Reservations for izanami
If any member of your party (including children under 12) is unvaccinated for COVID, please select 'outdoor' when making your reservation.
Vaccination/COVID test requirements
- We require proof of full vaccination for all massage, facials, and spa treatments.
- We require proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID test for lodging, indoor dining, and hot tubs.
- Click here for details. If proof of vaccination or test is not provided by any member of your party, we will not be able to provide service to that individual and cancellation fees will apply.