Alcohol & Beverages
Heat and high altitude will exacerbate the effect of alcohol (or any form of psychoactive substance, even coffee). Impaired judgment and loss of consciousness can result. Because of this, we strongly discourage the consumption of alcohol before or during activities at the Waves. If you do bring glass containers, please inform us upon check-in so that we can provide a bottle caddy and/or non-breakable cups. Glass, hard floors, and bare feet are a bad combination.
We ask guests to guarantee all reservations with a credit card. This card will be charged if you cancel or change without giving us adequate notice, or if a member of your party arrives without the required proof of vaccination. Those who can provide proof of a positive COVID test are exempt from cancellation fees. The positive test may be for one of your party, a household member, or someone you work closely with that requires your absence from work.
- For hot tub suites, massage, facials, and spa treatments, we require 24 hours notice to cancel or change without a penalty.
- If cancellation occurs less than 24 hours prior or you don't show for your service, 50% of the cost of the service will be charged to your card on file.
- Cancellations 8 or more days prior to the reservation will not be charged.
- Cancellations or changes 2-7 days prior will be charged for the first night.
- Cancellations or changes after 4pm on the day before check in will be charged for the entire stay.
- Click here to view cancellation policy for Transformation.
- We ask you to cancel 60 minutes prior to the time of your reservation.
- If cancellation occurs less than 60 minutes prior or you don't show for your reservation, $25 per table will be charged to your card on file.
- If any member of your party is unable to provide the appropriate proof of vaccination, cancellation fees above will apply.
Children & Under 18
At Ten Thousand Waves, we are inclusive, not exclusive. We welcome well-behaved children in our lodging rooms and baths. There is no charge for children under 4 feet in any private tub (2 kids maximum per adult). Anyone under the age of 18 must have the permission of an adult to use our facilities.
Our vaccination requirements apply to all humans ages 6 and up. Children 3-5 are required to have proof of a recent, negative COVID test. Children 0-2 are exempt from these requirements.
Nudity / Bathing Suits
All private spa suites are clothing optional. Swim suit bottoms are required in the Grand Bath. Please feel free to wear suits in any of the facilities. (Suit rentals available at the front desk for $4.00, tax included)
Therapeutic Massage is done without clothing. Our therapists are specially trained to drape discreetly with sheets and towels. Shiatsu massage and Ashi Anma Foot massage are done wearing loose clothing. These treatments may be a better option for the modest.