We take extraordinary measures to limit the spread of COVID. Those receiving spa services must be fully vaccinated. Beginning September 1, there will be vaccination requirements for hot tubs, lodging, and izanami as well. Please see current offerings for details of our policies. Keep up with changes by signing up for our newsletter .
We believe that the COVID vaccine is necessary for the well-being of our staff, our guests, and society in general. We are therefore requiring vaccination for guests and staff. Please click here to understand why we made this decision.
Massage, Facials, and Spa Treatments These services are only available to those fully vaccinated for COVID
Hot Tub Suites and Lodging, All members of your party are required to be fully vaccinated or show proof of a negative COVID test (PCR or rapid).
izanami Restaurant All members of a party dining indoors ('standard seating' on OpenTable) must show proof of full vaccination or show proof of a negative COVID test (PCR or rapid) . Non-vaccinated individuals may dine in the pavilion or patio outdoors.
96% of our staff is fully vaccinated. The few who cannot be vaccinated are tested weekly with a PCR test.
To be considered fully vaccinated, you must have received either:
- two doses of Moderna
- two doses of Pfizer
- two doses of AstraZeneca,one dose of AstraZeneca combined with one dose of Pfizer or Moderna
- one dose of Johnson & Johnson.
You must have received your final or single dose according to your vaccination type at least 14 days prior to the service at Ten Thousand Waves. No other type of vaccine is accepted at this time
Proof of Vaccination On day of your reservation you must bring with you:
proof of vaccination indicating:
- your full name
- the date(s) of your vaccination
- the type of vaccine you received
- the name of the government entity or healthcare facility that provided your vaccine
- a driver's license or government ID corresponding to the name on your vaccine documentation.
We only accept the above. We do not accept: antibody tests, pictures of serum bottles, selfies of you receiving the vaccine, or texts/emails confirming appointment times
Exceptions There are no medical, religious, or age execptions to these requirements. The only exceptions to the vaccine requirements are:
- guests dining outside
- visitors to the spa or restaurant lobbies
What counts as a recent negative COVID test and where can I get one?
- PCR COVID tests must have been taken within 72 hours of arrival and clinically verified.
- rapid COVID tests must have been taken within 6 hours of arrival and clinically verified. Home test kits like Ellume are not accepted.
- the name on test results must match the name on your I.D.
- an easy way to get a PCR test is to have a no-cost Pixel by LabCorp test kit on hand at home. Here are simple instructions for ordering and taking the test.
Cancellation fees apply if you forget. To avoid this disappointment, you might want to try Folio, an app that stores all your I.D. cards on your phone. Also, if you have an iPhone, you can upload your vax card to Notes. Do it now while you're thinking about it!